SMP-Kolkata, in line with the directives of Ministry of Shipping, has implemented the Port Community System (PCS) successfully. Use of PCS 1X has been made mandatory. Port Community System (PCS) is intended to integrate the electronic flow of trade-related document/information and function as the centralized hub for the ports of India and other stakeholders like Shipping Lines/Agents, Surveyors, Stevedores, Banks, Container Freight Stations, Customs House Agents, Importers, Exporters, Railways/CONCOR, Government regulatory agencies, etc. for exchanging electronic messages in a secure manner The main objectives of the PCS are:
- Develop A Centralized Web-Based Application, Which Acts As SINGLE WINDOW, For The Port Community Members/Stakeholders To Exchange Messages Electronically In Secure Fashion.
- Reduce Transaction Time & Cost In Port Business.
- Achieve Paperless Regime In Port Sector.
- Implement An E-Commerce Portal For Port Community.
- DATA REPOSITORY For Research And Analysis.
For complaints against corruption please dial Toll free number: 1800 345 3984